Saturday, November 15, 2008

Welcome, Fall!

I don't know about y'all, but I am SO glad to see this blustery, fall weather! This is my absolute favorite time of year. I love bundling up, layering clothes, dressing the kids in their cute winter outfits. And of course there's the turning of the colors of leaves that's just absolutely beautiful. I just love everything about fall!

On to other things...We haven't been doing a whole lot of exciting things here lately. Just the same 'ol, same 'ol for the most part. This past week Jeremy and I visited Allen Academy. It is a private school in Bryan that is fairly close to our home. They hosted an open house and we wanted to go check it out. We absolutely loved the school. We plan to go check out Brazos Christian Academy sometime in the next month, and will then decide which school we want to send Collin to. I am having a hard time believing that my baby boy will be starting Kindergarten next fall. :( It seems like just yesterday that my little 3 lb, 12 oz baby was born, and now he's going to be going to kindergarten!?!? Whoa...that's a lot to take in. You know, when you're in the moment, and you're getting up every 2-3 hours with that tiny new baby, and sheer exhaustion takes over, it feels like the days last for months. And when people tell you, "Enjoy it now, because they grow up so fast!" you think, yeah right! But it's so very true! They just grow up right before your eyes. I'm going to try my hardest to enjoy all the days I have left with Collin before he starts school. I'm sure I'll miss him terribly when he does...

Well, I suppose it sounds like our lives are very boring, but I just can't think of anything else to write about. At least not anything that anyone else would be interested in! :) I will leave you with some pictures from the past couple of weeks...

Brazos Valley Children's Museum

Landon, Ainsley & Collin at Sue Haswell Park

Collin getting a ride on a tractor at the Wheels for Meals fundraiser in Calvert

Having fun at The Bounce


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

3 pounds??? I had no idea! It's crazy, our oldest is starting K in the fall, too. Maybe I'm a bad mom, but I am much looking forward to it. He gets quite bored at home so he spends all his time antagonizing his younger brother.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tears!!! I can't wait to see your next blog! Your Facebook says you've had an exciting day!!