So I got really brave today and decided to head to the mall for the sale at Macy's. The bravery part lies in the fact that I was going with both Collin and Ainsley, by myself. As I was filling Ainsley's sippy cup with juice, preparing to walk out the door, I thought to myself, "Am I seriously about to go to the mall with these two kids, by myself?! If it weren't for the two $10 off a $25 purchase coupons that were burning holes in my wallet, I imagine I would've just stayed home or at least waited until tomorrow when they're at MDO.
Let me tell you, the Macy's shopping experience was miserable, plain and simple. I am not sure that there was a darn thing in the entire store that those stupid, good-for-nothin' coupons would've even applied to! The list of exclusions is at least a mile long, and even after reading through them carefully to make sure I'd picked out things that it would work on, I was told on two different occasions that I hadn't "met the criteria" for the coupon. AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!! I've never been so mad at a department store! First of all, the coupon says it applies to regular, sale and clearance priced items. However, it doesn't apply to "special price" items. What is the difference between a sale and a special price??? Also, no items ending in .98, and no items 50% off or more. And really, those are just a few of the "rules" I was taught this morning. I'm never shopping at Macy's again.
Let me tell you, the Macy's shopping experience was miserable, plain and simple. I am not sure that there was a darn thing in the entire store that those stupid, good-for-nothin' coupons would've even applied to! The list of exclusions is at least a mile long, and even after reading through them carefully to make sure I'd picked out things that it would work on, I was told on two different occasions that I hadn't "met the criteria" for the coupon. AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!! I've never been so mad at a department store! First of all, the coupon says it applies to regular, sale and clearance priced items. However, it doesn't apply to "special price" items. What is the difference between a sale and a special price??? Also, no items ending in .98, and no items 50% off or more. And really, those are just a few of the "rules" I was taught this morning. I'm never shopping at Macy's again.
------------------------------------------
It was time for lunch after we left the worst department store on earth, so we headed to the mall food court. First stop was Sonic to get the kids their meals, then on to Manchu Wok to get some Chinese goodness for myself. I was trying to balance the tray with one hand and maneuver the double stroller with the other, when Collin asked me to hold his drink for him. I said, "Collin, doesn't it look like my hands are pretty full right now?" He said, "Yeah," then proceeded to lift his drink straight into the air with both hands and said, "Here God, catch this!" Ha!! That kid says the darndest things sometimes. And I'm glad, because I needed a laugh.
-------------------------------------------
Also while at the mall, I made a stop into Gymboree to look for a long-sleeved bodysuit to go underneath Ainsley's Christmas dress. I was excited to find what I thought would be perfect but when I got home with it, I discovered that the colors don't really match, so it will be returned :( But I'm really not typing all of this to tell you about a clothes-matching problem. That would be really boring to read about. You know how Gymboree has those little plastic chairs stationed in front of a TV that continuously runs children's shows? Well, if you didn't know that, now you do. That is Collin's favorite part about going in Gymboree. Today he decided that it would be great fun to stack them up and climb on top of them. The sweet girl working there pointed out to me what he was doing because she was afraid he would fall. I quickly marched over there and retrieved him from the top of the stack, unstacked the chairs, and told him not to do it again because he could fall and injure himself once again. I tell you, not two minutes later I heard a big bang coming from the TV area, followed by a wailing Collin. He had fallen and hit his head on one of the displays by the TV. The sweet Gymboree lady just stood there with her hand over her mouth. I pulled him up and said, "See!!! This is why we told you not to climb on these chairs!!!" As if having 5 stitches sewn into his chin a mere two days ago wasn't warning enough!
2 comments:
LOL! Collin's comment literally had me laughing! You were very brave to tackle the mall alone with them. When I was pregnant with the twins, going to the mall alone with just Macey was always an adventure...no shopping really could occur.
my days seem very boring compared to yours!!
Post a Comment