Sooooo...you could say we had an exciting morning. The kids and I went to MOPS this morning. And we got there on time! For some reason Collin initially refused to go to his classroom when I was dropping him and Ainsley off, so I let him come to the meeting room for a little while. He sat quietly and drew, then eventually agreed to go on back once he heard his little friend Megan was there! I guess we were about 30 minutes into our meeting and I was finishing my breakfast, when the former nursery director came walking in very briskly and told me that Collin had fallen on the playground and cut his chin. Since I wasn't sure how bad it was, I was like, OK, so do I need to come get him? She said it looked like he would need stitches. Oh dear. I did possibly the fastest power walk I've ever done in my life over to the children's wing of the church. When I got over there, Collin was crying and shaking, saying, "Mommy I wanna go hoooooooooome". Then I remembered - I've still gotta get Ainsley. So while I got Collin loaded up in the car, one of the sweet nursery workers picked Ainsley up from her room and brought her to us at the car. Once we were all safely loaded, I turned the flashers on and high-tailed it to the doctor's office. Hmm...were the flashers and speeding really necessary? Probably not. You know what they say, hindsight's 20/20.
I first called the doctor's office to make sure they did stitches in the office before I went all the way out there with my child bleeding in my car. I was told that Collin would have to be worked in, and that we'd have to make an appointment. An appointment?! I told the girl that I was on my way to the office and he needed stitches ASAP, not 2 hours from now. Sheesh! Poor girl, she was just doing her job. Plus it's a MONDAY in a DR.'S OFFICE. Can you imagine?!
We really didn't wait long at all. Maybe 20 minutes? In short, Collin ended up with 5 stitches in his chin. Yes it was dreadful and painful to watch and hear him screaming bloody murder. But all is now well in the Cochran household. Plus, there's nothing that a new Transformers Animated Optimus Prime Battle Blaster can't fix. Nothing.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Looks like someone's having a case of the Mondays!!!
Posted by Cochran Family at 5:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hugs to Collin from Megan!
Post a Comment