Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh what a beautiful morning...

What a beautiful day! Not a cloud in the sky, perfect temperatures and a light breeze. Had to take advantage of this weather and get the kids outside for some playtime before it ends! I told them we'd only play outside until lunch time, but now I'm thinking that maybe we'll just have a picnic outside!

Anyway, my plan was to organize my thoughts and our needs for our upcoming Maui trip while the kids played. I can't seem to concentrate on what needs to be taken care of. Could be the screaming, crying, fighting and "Mommy-I-Need's" that are interrupting my thoughts. Plus, it's hard not to give my attention to the kids when after all, I'll be leaving them for a week straight!!! My anxiety kicks it into high gear when I think about that too much. Ahhhh, enough of that!

It is now 11 days until we go to Maui. CRAZY! Up until the past two weeks, it has seemed like the trip was so far off and I had no worries whatsoever. But now I know I'm probably driving everyone crazy with my neurosis. I probably put way more thought into it than is necessary. I tend to be a little OCD when it comes to travelling. Good thing we don't do it often! It's not even all about what to take on the trip. I'm obsessed with having my house clean before we leave, because I refuse to come home to a mess. Then there's making sure the dogs have everything they need, the kids have everything THEY need, bills are paid on time, etc., etc., etc.!!! OK, ENOUGH! :o)

Here are a few pictures I've taken while we've been outside this morning, snotty noses, dirty faces and all! Gotta love seasonal allergies...

Mad for some reason...

And now even more mad when she discovered me taking pictures of her tantrum...

4 comments:

Monica H. said...

Your kids are just too adorable!! Looks like a fun morning!!

THE LUCAS FAMILY said...

Oooooh...I'm so jealous-you get to go to Maui! Can we go (hehe)? Honestly, we can't wait either...it's gonna be a blast!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Random question.......what kind of camera do you have?? All of your pictures always look so good. Or are you taking photography classes?? What's your secret!! I love reading your blogs!

Anonymous said...

I am the same way about traveling--I'm fine with packing (and actually really enjoy it), but I get obsessive over making sure the house is clean because coming home to a not-spotless house is horrible!

Anyways, I saw your photos on Facebook and it looks like you're having a great time!

Also, I don't know how clear it is, but this is Alyssa (used-to-be McCoy) Young