Wow, I don't know what has gotten into me for the past couple of days. Maybe it's a bit of guilt for having left the kids for a week while we played in Maui. I have gone into overdrive thinking of fun stuff for the kids to do, and shoved it into two days. Things that normally I'd have done over the course of I dunno, 2 weeks?!
Yesterday while I was at the grocery store I got a wild idea to buy stuff to let the kids make and decorate sugar cookies. Pre-made dough of course. I'm not that crazy! Cousin Landon and Aunt Kim stayed with us last night so they joined in the fun also. Well, time was ticking away last night and at 8:00 we decided we'd put off the cookie making until in the morning. That would've been OK with the 2-year olds, but Collin wasn't gonna let it fly. So cookie baking it was. They smooshed pieces of dough out and cut them into various Halloween shapes. This morning we loaded up all the supplies and went out to the driveway on a sheet to let the kids go to work decorating them. It turned out to be quite a mess, but they had a lot of fun!After decorating cookies, we headed to the church pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins to decorate. The kids had so much fun running through the pumpkin patch. Collin particularly enjoyed running from one side of the patch, jumping, and landing in a big pile of hay. Ainsley mainly wandered around checking out all the pumpkins.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Cookies, Park, and Pumpkins - Oh My!
Posted by Cochran Family at 3:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Such cute pics!!! The pumpkins are adorable and the cookies look yummy!! You are such a fun mommie and Aunt!! LOL, love Collin's outfit..batman and princess shoes! Such a ham!!! Great seeing you and the kiddos today! Have fun and hope your mom has a sensational Birthday! Happy Birthday Pam!!:)
You must be exhausted from all the excitement and fun!! It looks like you have been super busy since Hawaii. I can't wait to get back for the kids to hang out!
Post a Comment