Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What a day!

From the title of this post, you might think that we had a fun-filled, adventurous day. Well, sort of. I waited until this evening to write because if I had posted earlier, I'm sure I would've sounded like an angry, crazy, out of control mom! And now that things have settled down and it's time for the kiddos to go to bed, I'm looking back and thinking, "I guess it wasn't that bad!" Just kids being kids I suppose. Collin was such a sweet angel today, in comparison to his sister. I think our day started off with Collin running to me, screaming and crying because Ainsley bit him. And she did a doozy on his leg! She chomped HARD. No skin was removed or anything, but there's a definite, teeth-shaped bruise on his thigh. Then there was lunch time. Don't know what I was thinking when I allowed Ainsley to go solo feeding herself ravioli in tomato sauce. I mean, I know kids have to learn to feed themselves. But this was a disaster. She flung it all over the walls, blinds, herself. And then to top it all off, she thought it was a great idea to also pour what was left of it onto our dining room rug. Thank goodness for steam cleaners! I can't tell what the final result is after cleaning because it's still wet. Hopefully it won't look too awful once it's dried!

I'm sure there was some other stuff that happened, but I guess my brain is overloaded because I'm not remembering what it was! Other than the time spent working in the flowerbed. Ainsley loves to play in the dirt. I didn't actually take pictures of her after she was covered in it, but here are a few of the kids having fun outside this afternoon.

1 comments:

Monica H. said...

The black and white pic of Collin is awesome!!