Saturday, September 6, 2008

Chalkin' It Up

It all started out innocently enough...

What was I thinking?! Well, here's what I was thinking. It's an absolutely beautiful Saturday morning out and my car could use a good vacuuming and interior wipe-down. Plus, the kids and I need to get some fresh air. So I got out the sidewalk chalk and sidewalk chalk paint to occupy Collin and Ainsley while I tended to my car. I finished up with the vacuuming and started wiping down the dash when I heard, "Ains, paint my nose now, Ains paint MY nose!" I thought OK, the paint's non-toxic and they're having a ball, so everything's fine. Then I hear sputtering and spitting coming from Collin, along with, "My mouth's on fire, paint is yucky!!"

By then I had finished cleaning my car, so I went to check on the situation. This is what I discovered.

I wonder what Kate Gosselin's reaction would've been. Obviously a bath was in order, so I asked Collin to keep an eye on his sister while I ran in to start the bath water. There was no way I was going to let them traipse through the house with this chalky paint substance on their bodies, head to toe. Literally. I witnessed Collin painting his toes.

Amazingly, in the 30 seconds it took me to walk inside and start the bath water, Ainsley had climbed into the driver's seat of my car and was pretending to drive. In my nice, freshly cleaned car.

Oh well. It cleaned off fairly easily. And they had fun. Mission accomplished!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

First thing Kyle said was, oh no, please dont tell me they touched the car! ha!