Monday, September 22, 2008

"Don't open the door Nana, Ike'll come in!"

Those were the words Collin told my mother while she was staying here with us during Hurricane Ike. Oh the wonders of a 4-year old's mind! My mother, or Nana as she's lovingly referred to by her grandchildren, came here from her home in Mont Belvieu to stay during the big, bad storm, and for a little while thereafter. We really enjoyed her company! The highlights of her stay were making pudding with Collin and Ainsley, and their trip to Chuck E Cheese's! I mean, how can you go wrong with THAT combo of activities?! I wish I would've taken more pictures while she was here. I mean, I planned to and told myself I would! But all I ended up with was a couple of pictures of the pudding making session.

So the hurricane came and did its thing and luckily we escaped with absolutely no damage. We were so blessed to have our home completely intact and had no power outages!

It was so nice to finally see the sun breaking through the clouds. It was something we hadn't seen it in quite a while!

After the storm blew through, the kids saw a tremendous opportunity to dust off their rain boots and splash like crazy!

0 comments: