Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lost Pines

On Monday morning, the four of us piled in the car and headed to Bastop for a stay at the Lost Pines Resort. We only stayed one night because Jeremy had to be back at work on Wednesday. However, I think we could've stayed a week and not run out of fun things to do and see!! I'm telling you, this place has it ALL! Fun for the kids as well as the adults. We pretty much spent all of our time at the water park. There are several pools as well as a super fun slide, lazy river, splash pad, beach, and the list goes on and on! They also have activities planned all day long. While we were there we let Collin rent a bike to ride, and we also played a game of water balloon toss and had the kids' faces painted. Then in the evening they light up the fire pits outside and set up a "s'mores bar." SO MUCH FUN!!! I couldn't even list here all the things this place has to do and see. And I think it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

I'm going to post some pictures here from our trip. I still have an entire water camera full of pictures to be developed, so when I get them, I'll post them too.

Roasting marshmallows in the firepit

Coming back up from checking out the Colorado River

Ainsley's holding a turtle that Collin found

Isn't this the tiniest turtle you've ever seen?!

Collin was so exhausted from all the fun we had, that he fell asleep just like this!!


And as promised, here are our "water" pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much fun!!! I have never even heard of this place! I will have to keep it in mind!

Monica H. said...

We are planning our 2010 Family reunion at Lost Pines possibly! Much closer to Austin then Horseshoe Bay. I'm glad to hear it is such a wonderful place to stay!