Friday, July 18, 2008

Vacation Bible School

This was Collin's first year to go to Vacation Bible School. The first day was rough. The church was very loud from all the excitement and first day hustle and bustle. Collin cried and clung to me and told me he wanted to go home. He kept covering his ears and saying it was too loud. After staying with him for about 45 minutes, I went ahead and left although he was still crying. I knew he'd be fine because he had lots of friends there. Sure enough, when I arrived to pick him up he was having a blast and couldn't wait to go back the next day! They had their music program on Thursday night, and I was so excited to hear him sing! The whole family came, cameras in hand. Well, apparently Collin had different plans. He hadn't had a nap that day, which is not good. At first he went and sat with his group, but as soon as the program started, he came to us crying, and refused to participate. Once again, it was too loud for him. Oh well, maybe next year! Here's the one and only decent picture I have of him that night. Of course there seems to be a look of uncertainty in his eyes!

On the other hand, Ainsley had a GREAT time! She played dress up in her Memaw's beads and clip-on earrings!


0 comments: