If I had just waited for 3 more months, it would have been an entire year since I last blogged. I'm not even sure what happened. I just wasn't motivated to do it. With Facebook, it's so much easier to share daily quips and pictures. But, I truly do want to get back to this!
So many changes since my last post, waaaay back in November. Today was the first day back to school...for BOTH kids this time. Collin has already been in "real" school for 2 years and is now in 2nd grade. But the only school Ainsley has ever known was her beloved MDO program. I mean, she was there from the time she was 4 months old until this last May. She practically grew up there! Today was a big day for her, and she was so excited to put on that BCS uniform for the first time. Let's see how she feels about it in a few years ;)
You never know how Ainsley's demeanor will be from one day to the next. Heck, I guess it's more like one minute to the next. She is a sweetie, but she is also very strong-willed (aka STUBBORN) and overly dramatic. But this morning she couldn't have been happier. She was all smiles from the time she got out of bed and was still happy when we left her classroom.
Collin has been anticipating this school year, but his is more of a mixture of excitement to be back with his friends, along with anxiety over school in general. He had some struggles last year that took a while to get sorted out. School does not come easily for him, but he tries his little heart out and is so eager to please and do what is right. He has the sweetest heart and I am sure he will go so far in life with his disposition.
It was harder than I thought it would be to leave them at school today. I guess it was expected with Ainsley since it's her first official day of "real" school, but it was even hard to leave Collin. But we put on our brave faces for them and waited to break down in tears until we were home!
The other big news in our household is that we are expecting our 3rd baby at the end of this year! That is probably not new news to most of you who actually might read this blog. But it is certainly new news to the blog! My due date is at the beginning of January, but with my history of early babies I expect him/her to be here no later than December. I don't have a fabulous ultrasound picture like many women do at this point. I'm 19 weeks today but won't have my big ultrasound for another 4 weeks. For now, this is the only picture I have to share of the little one, taken 3 months ago today. Don't ask me what's what, because I have no idea.
Well, I guess that's about all for now. Hopefully I'll have some time to catch up on stuff I missed posting over the last months...at least until baby gets here!
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Big Changes!
Posted by Cochran Family at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am glad you are blogging again! Collin sounds a lot like my Kyle. We are repeating Kinder this year. He is such a sweet kid, though and very focused when he wants to be. Hope baby is treating you well!
Post a Comment