Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Ainsley!

*Blogger has been acting really buggy for me lately, and I have a few old posts that I need to finally get up!*

My sweet Ainsley turned FOUR in July. That just doesn't seem right.

We took her to get her toenails painted on her birthday, and she was in absolute heaven. Definitely a girly-girl who loves being pampered.

This year, like last year, we gave her a swim party. It has just been too darn hot to have an outdoor party without a big pool to jump into and cool off. She chose to have a Jasmine party. I was unsure at first, and tried suggesting maybe having a different princess theme, but this child is strong-willed and will not be moved! It's not easy finding things with the Aladdin theme on them, but in the end it all turned out really cute.

At one point before we left to go set up for the party, I wondered if we would even be having a party that day. It had been a really busy morning already, and we were rushing to get through lunch. I was trying to quickly clean up in the kitchen, and I heard a loud gut-wrenching thud. Ainsley had fallen out of her chair onto our tile floor and landed directly on the left side of her head. It scared us all half to death. In the end, she only had a little redness and bruising at the top of her left cheekbone, thank goodness!!!

This gorgeous cake was made by Jennifer Galvan. Her kiddos go to the same school as Collin. And yes, it tasted just as amazing as it looked. However, I don't think my picture really does it the justice it deserves!

Excited to blow out the candles...


We decided it would be a whole lot easier on everyone to wait and open gifts at home. It was just so hot and everyone would rather be in the pool than sitting in the heat watching gift after gift be opened. It was a good decision.

Ainsley had been asking for a Jasmine dress for her birthday. If anyone asked what she wanted, that was her response. I guess in Ainsley's mind, Jasmine is a princess, so she should wear a dress. But the images you typically see of Jasmine are of her in a pair of poofy "genie" pants and a halter top. Luckily, my mother had just gone on a Disney vacation with my sister and her family. I asked her to please bring back a Jasmine costume for Ainsley's birthday. She could NOT have been happier to see it!!!

A look at the past 4 years...

0 comments: