Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Hodge Podge

Since I've been really behind and disorganized at this whole blogging thing here lately, I'm just going to do one giant post of recent happenings!

We took the kids to Santa's Wonderland a few weeks ago, on kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing. They loved it but Collin was rather cranky and it was very cold out, so we didn't stay very long.

Driving through the lights
Collin wanted to ride the mechanical bull, but once he was on he wanted off!

A couple of weeks ago, I took the kids to the annual Christmas shindig at the local John Deere store. I think this is the third year I have taken them, and they just love it! They enjoy climbing up on the BIG tractors, lawnmowers, etc.

We tried to win this Gator, but no such luck. Maybe Santa can bring one??
Collin was very excited to see one of his classmates! Here they are riding the little John Deere train.
We waited in line FOREVER to see Santa. At some point I couldn't find Collin. When I looked up, there he was, in the giant tractor. Stinker!
Ainsley's MDO Christmas program was this week. She has been singing her songs at home pretty much every day. I just knew she would do great! Well, here's where I should be awarded the "Mother of the Year" trophy. As soon as Ainsley got up on the stage to sing, she started crying and pulling at her ear, saying, "My ear hurts!!!!" Uh-oh. I had looked past the previous 2 days of her saying off and on that her ear hurt. She can be somewhat of a drama queen, so I don't take every little thing she complains of to heart. The day prior she had some fever and laid around all day. I figured it was just one of those viruses. I took her to the doctor the day after her program and sure enough, she was getting over an ear infection. Bad momma! :( I snapped two pictures before grabbing her from the stage. Poor baby!


Collin had his school Christmas program on Thursday evening. It was SO GOOD! All the kids did such an amazing job. You could really tell that they worked very hard on it. The kindergarten classes were kings and their big shining moment was singing "We Three Kings." The last picture was taken from waaaaay in the back of the gym, and all the kids have a little bit of the crazy eye going on. The lighting was what you would expect of a gym - not great for photography! Plus, I am totally useless with my amazing camera. I have REALLY got to learn how to use it properly! Maybe I need a new lens...a new flash...a new operator - ha!...anyone...? Who knows! Anyway, I was SO PROUD of Collin!!! I have included a video from the program, at the end of these pictures. If you care to watch it, please be patient with our wonderful videography. The "We Three Kings" performance is about a minute and a half into the video. After that, you will hear the Pre-K kiddos singing "Silent Night." :)

Look who came to the program! Collin was very excited to see his Memaw there.


Collin's class had a birthday party for Jesus yesterday. The kids had such a fun time. Kaboom from the local Brazos Valley Bombers baseball team was there and the kids loved seeing him (her?). Well, most kids did. Collin wanted nothing to do with him. On the other hand, Ainsley was very eager to have her picture taken! I didn't get as many pictures as I intended to. Here are the TWO I took.

0 comments: