Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Disney World! - Part 1

I FINALLY decided to split up my Disney World post. I have been working on it off and on since our trip, which was in APRIL! Here goes...

We survived our Disney World trip! We came back more exhausted than when we left, but it was so worth it! I don't have time to list all of the details of the trip, and you probably don't want to hear it all anyway, so I'm going to post pictures. :) I'll do some explaining along the way. And you will probably notice that there are by far more pictures of Collin than Ainsley. I tried SO HARD to make sure I had plenty of pictures of both of them. It just turned out that Collin was willing to take pictures and Ainsley was.....Ainsley. :)

The morning we left. Someone was super excited and someone was a little cranky. Can you tell which was which?
Collin proudly standing by his very own Wall*E suitcase
Playing at the airport
Cool dude on his first airplane rideAinsley did great on the plane, too. Only problem we had was getting her to sit still, with her seatbelt fastened!We stayed in a villa at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. What an awesome resort!! They have this little sitting area near the check-in desk, and had a TV showing the old Disney classic cartoons. The kids were in heaven! Of course Ainsley pulled her little rocking chair right up in front of the TV!
We got the kids some Mickey ears and had them delivered to the room before we got there. Collin was so very excited and wore his around proudly all the first day. Ainsley was another story. Here's Collin by the Mickey topiary outside the entrance to the Villas.Out in front of the hotel poolOn our first night, we decided to just stay around the resort since it had already been a very long day! We took the kids down to the beach area to watch the nightly boat parade and the kids played on the playground.
Beginning our first full dayKilling time at a shop at The Contemporary Resort before heading to have breakfast at Chef Mickey's
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!!!
Collin's first glimpse of Magic Kingdom - priceless!
Taking cover in a shop during a rain shower

Stay tuned for Part 2 of our Disney trip (eventually coming!!!)...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like ya'll had fun. Seeing those Mickey Mouse Ears (hat) made me a little sad. I left mine in a restaurant booth and still am not over it! I was nine.

Monica Holcomb said...

Great pics!!!