Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"I'm never taking a bath again!!!"

Those were Collin's words after a little incident we had at bathtime last night. Lately the kids have been taking their baths in our big whirlpool tub. It's roomier and they've come to enjoy turning on the jets and playing in all the bubbles they create. Last night Collin asked me, "Mommy, can we turn the bubbles on?" As usual, I told him he could. I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready for Jeremy and I, and within seconds of him asking me that question I heard screams and cries of fear along with a loud "psssshhhhh" sound. I thought, "what the heck?!?!" and ran to the bathroom. When I came around the corner, before the bathroom was in full view, I immediately saw water and bubbles swirling at the edge of where the bathroom tile meets the carpet in our bedroom. Uh oh, this can't be good. Collin had already thrown his cold, shivering self out of the tub, but Ainsley was just standing there, with jets of water shooting over her head in all directions. I scrambled to turn the jets off and did not escape without myself being soaked with water. At that point, all I could do was look around the bathroom, hand over my mouth, and laugh at how crazy it all was! Water was EVERYwhere. Collin was crying, asking a hundred questions about how the water did that, why did it do that, is the house going to flood, and what if the water goes up the chimney?!?! Poor little guy was so terrified his whole body shook. Ainsley pretty much took it all in stride. I think she may have been a little startled at first, but after I turned the jets off, she sat back down and continued playing in the water.

Jeremy thinks the problem was that all the jets were pointed upward, instead of into the water. Maybe, who knows. But I don't think I'll attempt to use those jets any time soon.

0 comments: